Monday, November 7, 2011

{Busy Bees and Packing Fiends}

You know, I feel absolutely blessed to not only have such amazing friends to support Jeff and I, but also to have so many connections to people who have been in our shoes already with wisdom to spare! Thanks to Mrs. Katie Harper I got the inside to this blog which *cross our fingers* will work without too many issues whilst in China. I'll still be sending out emails, so one way or another I'll be able to keep in touch.
There have been so many hurdles in getting prepared for this move, and slowly we've been jumping each one. We officially start the visa process this week, and if all goes well, I'll be leaving around the 15th of December, and Jeff will be following me on the 24th.  We'll be living in the city of Suzhou located just a couple hours north of Shanghai in central China. It's darn near the same climate as Kentucky, so hopefully acclimating to the weather won't be too much of a challenge.
Jeff is honestly more hyped up and excited than I am... I catch him researching all the time, and he's already making plans for all the things he wants to do while we're there. He's ambitious. He's already moved the majority of our things in storage... a month and a half early. Apparently someone is ready to go!
I really have appreciated all of the support from our friends so far. I look forward to this journey, and hope you keep up with this little blog so that I can take you along for the ride with me too. :)

(Originally posted 11/7/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment