Tuesday, December 24, 2013

{Merry Christmas 2013}

I took a little break from blogging. I've tried to sit down to write a couple of posts since July, but every time I did I would find myself distracted, or blocked and uninspired.

Truth is, as always, life has had it's ups and downs, but all in all, life has been mostly contented, and I haven't had anything to rant OR rave about.  I am however sincerely grateful for the last six months, and although things could always be better and I always have room to improve myself, I'm overall happy with where life has been and where we've been going.

Jeff has been driving for Schneider pulling Wal-Mart freight, and has been enjoying the switch from driving over the road and only being home once a month for a couple of days, to being home weekly. He gets along with the people he works with, which helps too. The only things he really dislikes about his job are the occasional routes into challenging delivery areas during inclement weather ( which I still think he secretly enjoys for the challenge), and the inability to be home nightly. More than that, he currently wishes he could be WORKING right now... after he hurt his arm falling out of his truck, he re-injured his shoulder and is currently out on workman's comp while he tries to figure out how to get better. We are lucky though, he is well insured, and has a good company that is supporting us, and right now, while things are tight, we are still in an ok position.

I L.O.V.E. my job. It is not the best paid I've ever been, but it's the most rewarding and gratifying work I've done so far. I have a fabulous set of peers that I work with. Sincerely, I have never felt so supported at work before, and it has taken a lot of getting used to. So has the optimism of getting to go to work each day. I love getting to work with animals, and talk to clients who are like-minded, and the opportunities to learn and do different things each day.

The dogs have been blossoming. Cooper is still my guy, and has continued to hone his patience and talent for impressing on-lookers as he follows directions. Katie has come SUCH a long way since we first got her, and has developed quite a personality. They have bonded together and are quite the sibling pair, and have been fabulous nurse maids and friends to foster dogs that visit the house. These guys continue to provide companionship, entertainment , and enrichment to adventures, and Jeff and I are blessed to have them in our little family unit.

As this year draws to a close, as we celebrate the holidays, we have chosen to keep things simple while building new traditions, honoring the nostalgia of older ones, as look forward to finding new opportunities to continue to grow together through new adventures and simple joys. Who know's what new twists and turns this new year will hold!

From ours to yours, we wish you love and laughter and simple pleasures.

Merry Christmas,

The McLemores


No comments:

Post a Comment