Wednesday, January 11, 2012

{Food Talk - From the mind of Jeff ( and ever so slight edits by Ashley)}

I want to take my turn to talk about the food here. The dumplings are out of this world, the noodles are great, the rice and … well everything is good. Ok, ok you got me, the American food here is not that good, but when you are having a “I need something from home” moment its ok and will do.

We ate at a place called the Spice Spirit, and let me tell you the name said it all… it certainly set my sprit on fire. Of course it didn’t help that I (ignored my wife) and ate a chili pepper that prevented me from eating all my meal. (In spite of my doing that) it was very good even with the heat.  The real draw back to living in a hotel is how much we can’t cook, so we have to eat out all the time. It does get old, but most places we eat are really cheap and a meal for the two of was run about 30-40 rmb.  When I don’t eat out I enjoy a cup-o-noodle from the local mart.  Let me tell you guys that in America we have been misled, the cup of noodles here blow the ones back home out of the water.

I am pleased to report that I have been trying new things. One night Ashley stopped and got some meat on a stick… it tasted like pork but let’s be real I have no clue what it was and he put some curry stuff on it. In the morning you can stop and get this egg bread thing, and flat bread that make one tasty breakfast.  The other night we were craving some ice cream and something from home, so we got some coldstone. They asked Ashley how long it would take us to get ice cream home, she told them 30-60 minutes and they packed it with dry ice… yes I played with it. Don’t judge.

- Jeff

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

No comments:

Post a Comment