Tuesday, December 18, 2012

{December in a Nutshell}

OY. It's been awhile. Which is frustrating, personally. I enjoy blogging as a form of catharsis and as an element of journaling and documentation. There have so many things I've wanted to write down, but haven't quite gotten around to putting to paper, or didn't seem worth standalone entries. So, here we are - a hodge podge update entry!

Jeff and I have been BUSY. Between job hopping to find hours and pay that works for our needs ( mostly on Jeff's part, bless his heart), unpacking what seems like an overwhelming sea of boxes with no idea where to put things ( indecision on my part, again, bless Jeff's heart), and the plethora of other complications that just seem to pile on due to daily life as an adult, I just can't seem to catch up with myself.

Jeff and I were asked to organize the giving tree for our ward at church this year. I don't know who they thought they were dealing with, but organization is not a strong suit at the moment. Thankfully, between coordinating and delegation with some fantastically generous time givers, we've managed to be successful in this endeavor so far. Consequently, this also means our kitchen is STILL covered in glitter a week after we finished making ornaments for the tree. The end result is absolutely worth the sparkly meatloaf (Patent pending).
Jeff has been working at a gun shop managing their online sales, and engrossing himself in the business while finding as much work on the side as he can fit in. He's a trooper, and a dedicated individual. He's also fighting off getting sick and handling that with... some...grace. I guess. Nobody is perfect.

I've been plucking away at a case management firm helping out with billing and expenses while I slowly build up a case load. Slowly as in... I started my first one... this week. Hopefully things will pick up in the new year and I'll be drowning in advocacy in no time. I'm sincerely loving it so far, and excited and eager to get rolling. I really think that it's going to be something I'm going to be great at, and have an awesome set of resourceful people to help me pick it up quickly.

In my spare time I still manage to find time to relax and enjoy time with family and friends. I've turned a new leaf with baking, thanks to China, and have a new appreciation for good recipes, and the extra time that goes into them instead of relying on a box. I may not be good at math, art, sewing and crafts, but I'm feeling more and more accomplished and able to express myself through baking for others.




So much has changed in a year, and it's crazy to think that this time a year ago I was in my first few days of Shanghai. It's been an amazing, stressful, revealing, bonding, heart aching, healing, and trans-formative year. I can only imagine what this next one has in store.

Here's to a new adventure on every horizon, and a positive perspective.

-Ashley














No comments:

Post a Comment