Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Cottage for Two

When we first started dating, I bought Jeff a camera so that he could take pictures of the things we did together... it's a win-win situation. I'm a TERRIBLE photographer, he likes doing it, and I get pictures to blog and facebook and collect memories with.

To kick off the new feel to the blog, I went raiding his camera for ideas to blog about. It also made me realize how infrequently I update. So, without further ado, our honeymoon in a nutshell:

We chose to spend our honeymoon in the Smokey Mountains. In the middle of February, we were expecting to curl up in a log cabin with firewood and snow falling. Of course, with the weather we get around this area of the country, nothing that predictable happened. We instead got to enjoy beautiful, beyond reproach spring like days filled with sunshine, cool breezes, and mild days.


Our cabin was a wonderful reprieve. Two floors and one bedroom, I was personally in love with all the windows that left every corner of the place filled with natural light.
We couldn't resist being our usual odd-ball selves. To avoid drawing further attention, Jeff turned to disguise to better blend in with our surroundings.
We found a few detours along the way... and found it hard to stay grounded while having such a good time.
Even though we were on vacation, and living it up, I still couldn't seem to get away from work.
The paparazzi just couldn't get enough of the two of us. We're kind of a big deal.


All in all it was a fantastic week. We got to enjoy a break after a flurry of events, settle into our new roles together, and got to have a heck of a lot of fun doing it. I love this crazy man I get to claim as my husband. He is patient, playful, compassionate, and a perfect fit.

Here's my epiphany for the day for my chick-lit junky friends. Jeff will NEVER be a Mr. Darcy, or Rhett Butler. Then again, I will NEVER be a Elizabeth Bennett, or Scarlett, So why would I expect him to be? It's not a matter of finding " Mr. Right" As dictated by some crazy list, or societies expectations. It's a matter of finding "Mr. Right for Me," Someone who clicks with your personality, who is easy to talk to and communicate with, who compliments your great qualities as well as your not so great qualities. We are our own dynamic couple, and THAT'S what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment