Saturday, March 12, 2011

Showers of Happiness

First of all, I want to say that I am unusually lucky in that I have some of the most amazing friends. I say this knowing full well that I am not the easiest person to get along with. When I asked Ashley Fister to be my maid of honor, I knew that I'd get a lot of help and advice, but she blew me away with her amazing skills, tireless work, and dedication to making this wedding memorable. One might wonder where one gets these fantastic traits. Well, in the case of Ashley, I think it's safe to say that her mother is a huge contributor. Ashley and her mother planned a fantastic wedding shower, went overboard with food, graciously hosted and entertained my friends and family in their home. It was a wonderful afternoon full of laughter, satisfied bellies, lovely gifts, and entertaining factoids about Jeff and I.
Lori( my aunt), Karen Parker( my grandmother), Libby ( my mother), and I. Three generations all on one couch!
Lovely friends! Ashley, Kendall, and Vanessa
The whole affair was so much fun that even Jeff couldn't stay away ( or I gave him the wrong time, either way, he was entertaining and helpful, and could not stop talking about days later)
SO much good food! The delicious cake was just a small portion of what Nancy and Ashley did!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog, Ashley. I really appreciated your thoughts.

    I hope you're enjoying married life!

    ReplyDelete