Thursday, March 24, 2011

Home Improvements

 

After a LONG stint of construction, the house is finally starting to come together. Jeff and I have been spending every spare moment cleaning, organizing, repairing, painting, sanding, steaming, moving, etc to make our little space our own.  I don't think I really knew how much work goes into a true thorough cleaning of a place, especially when someone has allergies, but I can confidently say that's no longer the case! While we've got a long way to go until we are completely moved in and unpacked and settled the way we want, I think we are off to a good start! Here are a few pictures to share our progress so far!
This man can do it all, and does it with a great attitude. I am so blessed with such a fabulous work horse man for a husband!
The one thing i hated about these rooms is how dark the walls made them seem. So, I chose two paints that makes the natural light that comes in through the windows brighten and cheer the whole place up.
I did NOT consider how hard it is to cover up a dark color with a pale yellow... this is two coats in... sheesh.
After it was all said and done though the room is much brighter and calm. P.S. Jeff picked out the shower curtain. :)
The bed and the two fabulous windows. Still trying to figure out what I want to do for curtains. I'm looking for something creative that will match the room without having to spend a fortune. Suggestions anyone?





Like I said, we have a long way to go, we still have a book shelf to put together and fill, and a ton of other little projects. I wish I had the money to decorate the way I like, but in the mean time I'm looking for some crafty little projects and I know that some of you out there are already masters in this area. Any suggestions on ways to creatively spruce up the room without spending a lot of money?

No comments:

Post a Comment